1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD RW won't read media

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TBaker14, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TBaker14

TBaker14 Thread Starter

OK...here's my problem...

When I put a disk into my Sony DVD RW DW-D22A drive, it will not read the media. I'm not getting any error like "Drive not ready" or "Drive not recognized"...it tries to read it, but shows it as empty (files attached to show what I mean).

Any thoughts?

Windows XP

TBaker14
    :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Is that the same for ANY disc, including CD as against DVD and does it include dvd`s burnt on this computer
    and is the dvd not seen on this computer recognised in your windows 7 computer.

and not knowing your level of knowledge have you checked device manager to see if there are any warnings against the device

3. dai

dai

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

TBaker14
    It is some six days since you asked for help regarding your DVD drive
    A reply as to how you progressed would be appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice