1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD software help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by zoombini, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Hi,

Im not really up on DVD hardware/software and hoping someone can help.

I bought a DVD burner from a local dealer, installed it, and everything works fine. WinDVD 4 came bundled with it, but I wasn't told anything about a serial number required to activiate it (which came up when I tried to install it). I checked the WinDVD website, and I now think I might have been given a trial copy. Is there any free DVD software that allows u to play/burn DVDs??? I tried just playing a DVD and it seemed to install software for me, but an error came up saying there was a problem with the video subsystem and to try changing my resolution. Ive done this, but it didn't help. Might it be worth updating Direct X or graphic card drivers?? I just want to get DVD's playing and it's frustrating.

Thanx for any help.

Spec: WXP SP1, 256 DDR RAM, 40G HD, AVG Antivirus

2. J-Son

J-Son

yea you should update your drivers

and you could try DeepBurner or Burn4Free CD & DVD(come with spyware/adware)

or Sun CD/DVD Burner(comes with spyware/adware)

3. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Whats the best commercial package then? I don't really want spyware on my system as it can cause all sorts of problems despite the programs the stop it.

Should I have been given the proper software when I bought the DVD Drive??? I may go back to the shop.

Thanks

4. J-Son

J-Son

you should of got software with the dvd drive but not all shops give one especially if private company but if major company go back

5. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

It was just a small computer shop unfortunatley. I found a freeware program: media centre classic so will give this a go and see if it's any good.

Cheers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice