1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD sound cable hookup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mkc308, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mkc308

mkc308 Thread Starter

I installed an MSI DVD in an HP Pavilion 510c which uses a Trigem lomita mobo. This board has an integrated sound chip. Problem is I don't know where to connect the sound cable from the DVD drive. I have both analog and digital cables. I can't find this info on the HP site, Trigem site. Where's the proper hook up on the mobo?

Thanks in advance,

Mike C.

2. dzones

dzones

well i would assume the drive that was in there already would have an audio cable on it. follow that to the motherboard and chance are you will find only one place to plg into. I would suggest plugging your audio cable to the drive that will be used most for audio.
    if you replaced your old drive with this new one and just unplugged your old one without looking. All i can say is it generally is either green or black on an hp. It will have 4 pins and usually on the motherboard it is down close to your pci slots closer to the back of the case.
    hope that helps

3. mkc308

mkc308 Thread Starter

DZone,

Unfortunately, that wasn't possible as the already installed CD did not have an audio cable attached. I had nothing to use as an example. I can't find a schematic for the Lomita or similar board and hence the problem. The board's labeling is subpar in this regard. I'm very familiar with the Intel, MIS ans ASUS boards. I'm helping a friend who spent four hours and was unable to install the DVD drive.

Mike C.

Intel 865PE
    P4 2.8
    WD 80800JB
    Plexwriter 48/24/48
    Sony DRU510A

4. dzones

dzones

it is possible the audio cable that came with your dvd is the new flat 4 pin style and tyhe motherboard has the older type thst is a bit smaller, white and more square looking. check for that input.

if you have ever played music cd's from your existing drive then it has an audio cable hooked to the sound board. or at least it did.

that is all i can really help with as without being there to actually see it I cannot tell. I know often hp hides a lot of crap behind the power supply and cd drive areas. they cram everything in so tight.

good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice