1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD sound off -voices low, background noise high

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ondine, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ondine

ondine Thread Starter

When I play the DVD on Windows Media Player, the sound off

The voices volume is almost too low to hear even when all volume turned up, but the background noise of the movie is really high (the music etc.)

I checked and I believe everything is plugged in same as before, when it was fine
    Speakers turned on and everything

Your insights are appreciated, thank you!

2. pembrokeschool

pembrokeschool

Not sure if you've worked this one out or not but I just found a solution to the exact same problem.

I started the DVD playing in Windows Media Player and went to Tools, Options and then selected the DVD tab.

From here I was able to select my speaker configuration (top left hand corner) to 2.1 surround. Then I raised the volume on the Master controls (just to the right of the speaker config). I also went into the next tab along and could see the voices like in a equalizer and I was able to increase the volume there aswell.

Note: each time you make a change you need to Apply it as it does not make the changes on the fly. Also, I'm doing this from memory so some things may be slightly different...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice