DVD sound off -voices low, background noise high

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ondine

When I play the DVD on Windows Media Player, the sound off

The voices volume is almost too low to hear even when all volume turned up, but the background noise of the movie is really high (the music etc.)

I checked and I believe everything is plugged in same as before, when it was fine
Speakers turned on and everything

Your insights are appreciated, thank you!

Not sure if you've worked this one out or not but I just found a solution to the exact same problem.

I started the DVD playing in Windows Media Player and went to Tools, Options and then selected the DVD tab.

From here I was able to select my speaker configuration (top left hand corner) to 2.1 surround. Then I raised the volume on the Master controls (just to the right of the speaker config). I also went into the next tab along and could see the voices like in a equalizer and I was able to increase the volume there aswell.

Note: each time you make a change you need to Apply it as it does not make the changes on the fly. Also, I'm doing this from memory so some things may be slightly different...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online