1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD to iPod

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by redalert95, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

To start with, the DVD drive I'm trying to use is an LG 18x Super Multi DVD Rewriter (GSA-H22L) and the iPod is a 60 gig video iPod.

Alright, now for my problem. I'm trying to get some DVD movies onto my iPod. I bought Pinnacle Multimedia Converter to do this. Whenever I try to convert a DVD, I get an error saying that it cannot convert the file. I tried getting intouch with Pinnacle about this, they were . . . less than helpful.
    Also, when I'm attempting to use the DVD burning software included with the drive (Nero Express 6, I believe) I get a read error when trying to make a copy of a DVD.
    And again, when using the CyberLink PowerProducer included with the drive, it can create an DVD image, but it comes up with an error when trying to burn the image to a blank DVD.

The drive can play movies just fine, it's only when I'm trying to do something that would require a DVD burner that it has trouble.

I'm assuming that most, if not all, of this is caused by copyrights? That or my drive is bunk.
    I'm not so worried about actually burning things to DVDs, I don't use that very often at all. I'm largely concerned about getting movies onto my iPod. I know it's possible, my sister can has copyrighted movies on her iPod, some of which were put on using the exact same DVD I'm trying to use.

So, if anyone can help out, I'd be very thankful.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

So, it could be a software problem, not a problem (well, characteristic of) the drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/554220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice