1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd to vhs?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lisaa7002, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Saw similar message here so I thought I'd ask...

My Mother -in- law is laid up in bed for the next couple of weeks was wondering if we could copy her dvd's onto vhs so she can watch them upstairs. She has one of those tv's that has a dvd & vhs player attached, but it weighs half a million pounds & no one is looking forward to trying to get it up the stairs....She has a tv & vcr in her room.. I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can make a vhs copy while playing the dvd ( same machine- same time) I didn't know if both things would work at the same time.

& before u say " why didn't you just try it??" We've had a cold & the other kids didn't want to break anything in trying it.

Thanks in advance!

2. RSM123

RSM123

In addition to any help you get here, I suggest you check out the forums at this link :

http://forum.digital-digest.com/

The macrovision protection on commercial discs can make normal viewing an unsatisfactory experience therefore it may take quite a lot of work.

Some time ago my friend purchased a standalone DVD - but his TV had no scart socket - so connected his DVD scart to VCR scart and the VCR to TV with RCA plugs or whatever - but the image flashed noticeably. This was a consequence of the copy protection which you are in effect trying to bypass.

3. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

OOOO ok! Thanks. I guess Hubby & his brothers get to lug that thing upstairs! Oughta be interesting! lol

4. TKL

TKL

Hi Lisaa7002,

You CAN copy DVD to VHS. I do it all the time with no problem. It depends on what DVD player you own. Most of the "Chinese" brands can bypass macrovision. For example, I have an APEX DVD player (can buy less than $ 50 U.S at any major retailer) and in it is a "secret" menu to disable macrovision. Perfect copies, looks like an orginal when you recored at the slowest speed. If you have any Japanese brand DVD players, you are most likely not going to be able to do it.

TKL

5. kasjafh

kasjafh

TKL or anyone else, which model of APEX Dvd player do you use that has the secret menu and do all of the APEX players have the "secret" menu to disable the copy protect? How do you access the menu? Thanks

mick

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

7. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Thanks guys!!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice