1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD wont burn

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amontobin, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amontobin

amontobin Thread Starter

Asus, matshita uj890as using memorex dvd-r dics the drive reads cd dvd etc, it just wont burn.
    I am getting the same error code from all the burning programs I tried "Power calibration error" It is not the media I have another laptop that burned the same failed disc fine. I have tried updating the drivers also uninstalled the drive from device manager and rebooted still nothing any other ideas?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It's possible the laser is burned out. You may need to replace it.

But to be sure it is not a software problem, you might try burning with a different operating system that will boot from CD or DVD, like Ubuntu or:

[​IMG]
    Parted Magic disk partitioning, PC repair, and file recovery tool (Bootable CD or USB image)
    If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.
    [​IMG]

3. amontobin

amontobin Thread Starter

if the laser is burnt out why would it still read disc?

4. Sammy2111

Sammy2111

I'd Assume it doesnt take much power to read a disc,but yet it takes alot more to burn it to the disc,i'd replace is with some cheap but just asgood like a LG Dvd burner,easily pick one up for about $50

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice