Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD won't play

Solved 
2K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  sevelatula 
#1 ·
HI everyone. I am running windows 10 and have never had any problems playing a DVD on my computer until today when I received a new one. When I put it in my computer, the menu appears but when I click on the episode, nothing happens. All I get is a repeat of the theme music which repeats every 31 seconds. I tried other DVDs to be sure, and they work fine. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

#5 ·
Go to the Microsoft Store and on search put Mpeg 2 video extension. Select "get" from the store and install it to your computer. No need to sign in into your email account. Once installed it is optional for you to restart your computer. You may want to try Windows Media player or any other program you want to try. If one won't work try another one.

#9 · (Edited)
Sevelatula says 115 episodes of a tv show. Even a double layer dvd can not hold vob files for the entire show. I use vob files all the time. They vary from 3 to 8 GB per movie. My guess is they are 720 or 1080 mp4 files. I don't believe changing extension to a file name will make a difference. I am not trying to challenge your knowledge Jay, only making an assumption.
I wonder if Sevelatula can try this burnt dvd in somebody else's computer. If it plays then it is his/her computer's default dvd player software issue. Free VLC will probably work fine. If it does not play at all, it was not burnt successfully. In that case, the dvd is a coaster.

Edit: After reading the entire thread and the responses I realize his/her tv plays it fine. This is pretty unusal. Usually stand alone dvd/bluray players get fussy with some recorded dvds while the same disks play with computer built-in or external usb players.

More information from Sevelatula could help.

#23 ·
Even a series of 10 on a DVD is too much ... ~~48 min per show = 480 min = 8 Hours per DVD.
Assuming these are a Standard DVD, 8 hours is way too much compression.
I'm also assuming a friend copied Hotel and made the DVDs ... He should have used a large USB Flash instead.
That's why I said earlier ... DVDs are obsolete, most new TVs will play a USB memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.