dvd wont play

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dabinnc

hey all,
my wife recently took our daughter to a free dna/john Walsh event to record pictures, dvd recording, finger prints and dna samples in the event the unspeakable should happen. the dvd wont play / codec missing. how do i figure what format it was recorded in and how i find the codec ...
im run in window media player. thanks in advance...

dabinnc

the same dvd wont play in my dvd player or on the playstaion2 or this pc.
thanks all.

In my computer, right click the drive icon with the DVD in the drive and select explore. What type of files or file extensions are on there?

dabinnc

thanks for your reply moby
after exploring the dvd i found 4 folders on it. one contains several .dat files
2 are mpeg-2 files im assuming these are the videos / audio. And the last folder contains several .svd files. Im hoping this helps.
is it hard to install these codecs?
thanks again moby.

Are you sure the disc is a DVD and not a CD? svd files are associated with video CD's? Do you have a DVD playing software on your computer to try and play it with as DVD playing software will play both. Also try playing it in a normal home DVD player if you have one.
Either way, for windows media player, the codec listed on this page seems to be the one you're after.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Dscaler_5

I haven't tried it myself, but the 2 comments from users seem to be good.
Download the 5006.exe version and double click the file to install.

dabinnc

have nero never used it. tried it this morning. got an image but there was no motion. even though the player showed it was playing.
tried it in our home player it woulnd not work.
have real player and windows media player all are up to date. but both stated that they needed to download codecs or decoders.
am stumped on this one. will try your suggestion and see what happens...Thanks Moby..........
you guys r great..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts