1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD writer not recognizing CDRs (it did before)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by badjj, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badjj

badjj Thread Starter

I have a LITE-ON DVD burner (dual) SOHW 1633S that has been working fine for about three weeks. One day it just decided to not write CDRs anymore. I put in the CDR and I can hear it spin for 20 secs then I get the message "Insert blank disc to write to". BUT THERE IS ONE IN IT!!!

It still writes DVDs and I'm thinking it something might have happened to the slave/master config but I have no idea how to fix it. (not very cpu smart ).

Even worse is my wife threw out ALL the included (manuals,software etc.) things so I am stuck with this burner working or not....

BTW I run XP and when I check the configuration with NERO I get:

MASTER: maxtor 2F030J0
    DMA ON

Secondary IDE Channel
    MASTER: LITE-ON LTN486S 48x Max
    DMA on
    AUTO RUN off
    SLAVE:LITE-ON DVD RW SOHW-1633S
    DMA on
    AUTORUN off

Hope someone can help me :(

2. photolady

photolady

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice