"DVD Writer - Writes, Can't Read Own Writing - Reads Others"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

setterlady

I Have a HP Dv 6451 Laptop with Vista ultimate 64 bit OS
TSST Corp CD/DVDW TS-L632M ATA Device
Driver installed is 6.0.6002.18005 according to driver update driver is the latest
I can rip CD's I have previously burned with this drive, play CD's commercial and CD's I have previously burned with this drive, & play dvd's I have bought.
I am unable to write/burn any CD.'s data or music. I have tried using media player, itunes, explorer, & nero. I have uninstalled nero & itunes. I am under the assumption I can not uninstall media player since it's built into vista.
All software goes through the motions of writing no error messages but when I try to read /play the CD nothing is there.
What I need to figure out is if my device is beat or do I have a software/driver issue ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online