DVD Writer - Writing but not Reading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

parry

Hi,

My DVD Writer is writing DVD's but not reading them either when I right click & 'Explore' or I double click the drive icon. I get the message 'Please insert a disk into drive'.

I am able to copy the DVD from my DVD Rom but after writing, the DVD Writer does read it.

Pls assist resolving the issue.

What make/model computer? What OS?
Make/model of DVD R/W? Are you sure it is R/W?
Does the DVD R/W read other DVD's?
Can your DVD ROM read the DVD's made in the DVD R/W

DVD R/W's have two seperate lens setups, one for reading, other for writing. One can go bad and the other still work.

parry

Thanks dlsayremn, for your reply.

Desktop Model/ Make: Compaq SR1630IL | Intel P4, 3.06GHz
DVD R/W Make/ Model: Samsung SH-W162
Does the DVD R/W read other DVD's? Yes, its reading other DVD's. I cross checked with one before posting.
Can your DVD ROM read the DVD's made in the DVD R/W? Yes, ROM can read the DVD's written by the writer.

parry, this has me stumped. Will check around and see if I can find anything similar. Hopefully, a real expert will chck this out.

Better title might have been "DVD Writer - Writes, Can't Read Own Writing - Reads Others".

Luck, DLSayremn

parry

@ Mod's:

Could you please update the thread tittle to:
"DVD Writer - Writes, Can't Read Own Writing - Reads Others"

parry,

Have been looking. Still cannot find a problem like yours.

Only thing I can think of at this point is to send an e-mail to Samsung Support. May just tell you the drive is too old , and tough luck. but worth a shot.

http://samsungodd.com/Eng/Support/Service/service.asp

Click Inquiry, then select DVD Writer Drive,to getto e-mail form.

Information needed.
Drive Modele Name and Number.
Purchase date.
Firmware Version

Your computer information and what you have done to check it.
Desktop Model/ Make: Compaq SR1630IL | Intel P4, 3.06GHz
Does the DVD R/W read other DVD's? Yes, its reading other DVD's. I cross checked with one before posting.
Can your DVD ROM read the DVD's made in the DVD R/W? Yes, ROM can read the DVD's written by the writer.

parry

Have been looking. Still cannot find a problem like yours
Thanks dlsayremn, for having me at the back of your mind.

You are the only one around here who has at least bothered to reply to my problem. (y)

I was also adviced a CD-DVD Fix from Doug Knox's website;
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

After running the fix for once it did read the CD's & DVD's but stopped doing the same the next day.

But it has also deleted some other registry values. :(

Did a system restore for getting back to ground zero.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online