DVD Writing problem with XP Home edition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windyf1

Hi,
can anyone out there help me, I have a sony vaio laptop and pc, the pc has a dvd writer/cd combo and the laptop just has dvd/cd unit. I have never tried to write to dvd until the weekend and I just can`t do it it when I put in a dvd movie it works, i can play and write to cd but can`t write to any format of dvd, in fact if I put a blank dvd in the drive it shows up for about three seconds then gose back to a cd in the drive with no space on it. I have tried different software, drag and drop and nothing the drive is either unacessable or wrong type of disc inserted. I have tried different types of disc and still the same. So in frustration I have purchased a freecom external dvd +/- drive hooked it up to desktop and got same problem, then tried on laptop and again the same which makes me think its a windows problem/setting. Please can anybody help I just don`t understand is there a setting I am missing or is it just ME!
I am running XP Home edition on both pc`s service pack 2 and Norton Internet security and System works.
PLEASE HELP
Lee.

are u using dvd decrypter
if not u need to to copy dvds and the best burning software i have found is clone dvd u can download these from limewire

XP does not support burning DVDs natively as part of the operating system, only works for burning CDs.
You need to use Nero or similar to be able to burn to a DVD.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
flipperau said:
are u using dvd decrypter
if not u need to to copy dvds and the best burning software i have found is clone dvd u can download these from limewire

Before posting again, I'd suggest that you review the forum rules regarding P2P programs.

windyf1

Hi,
I am using (trying to use) the following software Nero 5, Roxio easy media creator Basic & Easy DVD Burner and nothing works, I have exchanged the unit today still same problems and like I said my inbuilt dvd burner in my sony has the same problem, Is it the Sony`s ? CD writing works fine on all drives, so does playback of DVD`s and CD`s so whats going on ?????????????
I must add that I am not trying to clone DVD`s just trying to make my own.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online