DVD X COPY, ver. 1.5.2 -- unable to activate

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wgreene

I have an old version of DVD X COPY, ver. 1.5.2 which I haven't used in more than two years. I reinstalled it without a problem but was unable to activate it.

I was prompted to choose an activation method, either online or by telephone. I chose online and I entered the License ID and the Password, as instructed. However, when I clicked Enter, I received the following error message:

Error (:cool:
Invalid Server Response

Is it somehow possible to activate this program? If not, I guess I'll just throw it away.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Probably not since the MPAA got their way in court.

I have seen newer versions of what appears to be an updated version of this software or something similar.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to get it. Don't know if it is as good as the original but the ad seems to say that it is.

wgreene

I do recall hearing about that, though I didn't follow the case closely. You're probably right. Thanks for replying.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
It says it right on the main page of their website. Older copies cannot be activated anymore.

wgreene

It appears that DVD DECRYPTER is no longer available. Nor is another program called ANYDVD. I see there's one called IMGBURN which might be useable. Perhaps there are others.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You folks all need to consult the TSG Rules before posting again. :( We don't support illegal copying of encrypted movies. This thread is closed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.