1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD X COPY, ver. 1.5.2 -- unable to activate

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wgreene, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

I have an old version of DVD X COPY, ver. 1.5.2 which I haven't used in more than two years. I reinstalled it without a problem but was unable to activate it.

I was prompted to choose an activation method, either online or by telephone. I chose online and I entered the License ID and the Password, as instructed. However, when I clicked Enter, I received the following error message:

Error (:cool:
    Invalid Server Response

Is it somehow possible to activate this program? If not, I guess I'll just throw it away.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Probably not since the MPAA got their way in court.

3. DCM1519

DCM1519

I have seen newer versions of what appears to be an updated version of this software or something similar.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to get it. Don't know if it is as good as the original but the ad seems to say that it is.

4. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

I do recall hearing about that, though I didn't follow the case closely. You're probably right. Thanks for replying.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

It says it right on the main page of their website. Older copies cannot be activated anymore.

6. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Thanks, dmullen, I'll check into it.

7. gizmolabob

gizmolabob

Go to zdnet.com and download dvd decrypter. It's free and does the same thing as dvd x copy.

8. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Will do. Thanks.

9. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

It appears that DVD DECRYPTER is no longer available. Nor is another program called ANYDVD. I see there's one called IMGBURN which might be useable. Perhaps there are others.

10. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You folks all need to consult the TSG Rules before posting again. :( We don't support illegal copying of encrypted movies. This thread is closed.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice