1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVDFlick freezes on specific files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Melmer, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Melmer

Melmer Thread Starter

I recently downloaded the DVDFlick program to burn home videos to DVD. The files are MPG files that were recorded on a digital camcorder. I have successfully burned many different files, but for some reason there are specific files that when I try to add them to a project, DVDFlick locks up and will not add the files, or continue at all. I left it running for over 12 hours once to see if it would add the file to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I would suspect something is different or corrupted in those files and is causing DVDFlick issues when trying to read them.

Do the files playback properly, from beginning to end with no noticeable issues (ie: skipped frames, audio issues, etc.)?

3. Melmer

Melmer Thread Starter

The files play back fine on my computer with no noticeable difference in playback. I thought that they might be different in some way, but I don't know what to look for.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    What's your operating system ??
    Why do you want a DVD ??? ... Will it be played on a TV that has a USB plugin ???
    Have you tried converting to MP4 first ?

MediaInfo will give you information about the video(s) so you can see if there's something different.
    Pazera Video Pack should convert the video format ... Video/Audio > MP4

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. drfootware

drfootware

What version of DVDflick are you using? I personally found version 1.3.0.6, seems to be the most "universal". It gave me the least trouble anyway. Adding an extra conversion process will degrade video quality. Try version 1.3.0.6, for starters and go from there, then report.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice