1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVDR Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Warthog1, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warthog1

Warthog1 Thread Starter

Hi

I'm trying to add a Liteon LVW5006 DVD Recorder to my current system. I'm running a Humax 9300T Digi Recorder and an ancient (but still very functional) Sony TV. The DVDR was setup with the TV before we went digital and worked fine.

Here's the problem: I've set up the connections as recommended by Humax for RF Cable connection:

A. TV/VCR loop out of the digibox to aerial input of the DVDR

B. Aerial output of the DVDR to Aerial input of TV

C. External aerial remains connected to the digibox

Having done that, I can't locate the DVDR on the TV--AV just gives me snow--no workable channel or test pattern to setup the DVDR or play DVDs--I'm assuming this is because the external aerial goes directly into the digibox, but stymied nevertheless. Is there something wrong with the way I've set it up or, alternatively, would a SCART connection from digibox to DVDR solve the problem. There's no SCART connection on the TV (I told you it eas ancient).

Thanks in advance

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Check the user manual for the DVDR (page 7 of the PDF version that I found). You may discover that the antenna output is only a loop through for the antenna input signal and can not show any output for the DVD recorder itself.

If the TV does not have any kind of suitable A/V input, you could try an external modulator box between the DVDR A/V outputs and antenna input on the TV. Some modulator units may feature an antenna input the automatically connects to the output when there is no active A/V input.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice