DVDRom activity light on taskbar program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jtn3833

I'm having a lot of fun with my new Vaio, but one thing that annoys me is that there are no visible lights for my DVDRoms. I have two DVDRoms (one is RW) and I can't see or hear when they are running. I thought I had seen a simple program out there that would place an activity light on the taskbar for CDRoms with no visible light, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know where I might find it, I would just like to see when my DVDRoms are running, a simple set of lights on my taskbar would be great.

Thanks,
JTN

jtn3833

That's close, but not what I'm looking for. That one will do a lot, but not the one thing I'm looking for. I need something to display two icons in my taskbar (one for each drive) and need them to blink or change color or something when that DVD drive is doing something, acting like one of those little lights on your CD/DVD drive that flashes when it's spinning. I've seen one before though back then I had a normal drive with a visible activity light.
Thanks for the thought though, that website is full of fun utilities.

Any other thoughts?
JTN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online