1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD's really quiet using Media Player Classic

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by matt.choules, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt.choules

matt.choules Thread Starter

Sep 11, 2003
    I know you can boost the audio level when playing back a video file in MPC (.avi .wmv .mov etc) but i can't seem to get a DVD to go very loud...
    I have to turn my amp up really high just to get a decent volume (in comparison to music playing in winamp). This wouldn't bother me except when people log into messenger or i receive email my speakers boom out the sound notifications....

I've heard of plug-ins that might boost the volume levels, but don't know of any for MPC.

Any help gratefully received!
  2. djangojazz

Apr 11, 2006
    Hmmm three things

1. Turn the application player to the max, turn the other settings down and tune your soundcard in the center somewhere.

2. Check your soundcard settings and make sure it didn't somhow default a bar down. Start>Control Panel>Sounds>Click Advanced Tab>check all the levels.

3. Try to download or install a different app to play your DVD's, I forgot what I used to use because I don't watch DVD's on my PC anymore but it beat what I used that was bundled with my PC.

A lot of times sound is a fight in and of itself with apps on computers, unlike powered receivers they play at lower or higher levels based on the mastering of what was put in. What I like to do is have my have my sound setting in my toolbar in the quicklaunch as well as having the icon on startup to control the master level.
  3. jonuck

Oct 16, 2001
    I had all kinds of problems trying to play DVD's with my default PC player but since I started using (InterVideo WinDVD 7) I have had no problems with any DVD's I have played ......... both Video or Audio .............just my 2 cents worth!.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479523