1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVDs won't play anymore... :confused:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moOse123, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moOse123

moOse123 Thread Starter

Now my computer is quite old... i'll be the first to admit that, but up until recently i was still able to play DVDs on it. Now when i plonk my DVD into my DVD drive, the drive appears to be working away, but then eventually nothing happens.. it doesnt even say a dvd is in the drive in my computer. This confuzzles me as it still reads CDs.
    I reckon it might be somthing to do with my DVD decoder or something like that, my DVD drive is a "QSI DVD-ROM SDR-081".

Any help would be great as i recently was hired for Blockbusters, and as a result i have a lot of free DVDs i want to watch! ;)

Cheers

2. eroutt36

eroutt36

to you the latest firmware for the drive

3. moOse123

moOse123 Thread Starter

where would i get that then?

4. eroutt36

eroutt36

manf. website or try driverguide.com they have a huge archive for alot of the older devices

5. moOse123

moOse123 Thread Starter

ok cool, ill check them out.. thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/512597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice