1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvdxcopy & " Temp " folder

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lobotech, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lobotech

lobotech Thread Starter

Hi everyone
    when u use dvdxcopy , before burning , the movie is send to a temp folder
    ( DOCUME~1\you\LOCALS~1\Temp ).Supposedly the whole movie is saved there.WHy I can"t see it? Is this movie erase from the folder once the burning is done or it is still somewhere?
    thanks

2. CrackerC78

CrackerC78

dvd x copy will not save the movie image, once burning is complete it deletes it.

3. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

It creates the temp file as a precaution - to ensure that the data that is sent to the burner is sent at a more constant rate.

Most burning software has this option (some allow you to tweak whether or not to use it). Creating a temporary file is supposed to minimize the possibility of buffer overruns and underruns (example: if a CD-R is trying to burn at 40X and the data is getting to it too slowly, it will cause the burner to stall and create a bad disk, the reverse is also true: data getting to the burner too fast and causes a traffic jam at the burner).

Hope this helps,

MBN

4. lobotech

lobotech Thread Starter

ye thanks
    now 2 questions
    (1) what would be the best way to save my DVD movies to my HD and to keep them there like in a playlist.( a movie is from 4GB to 8GB I believe ).

(2) If I want to save a movie to CD (already edited DV cam ) in windows movie maker I have plenty of options.If I plan to play that movie in a home theater DVD player which would be the options?

5. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

1) with an application like Alcohol, you can create an image of the movie in any number of formats (iso, nrg, cue, et al) then "mount" the image into Alcohol's virtual DVD drive. You are then able to play the image as if it were a real DVD.

2) If you are using MovieMaker, I believe the only option for saving is as a wmv. Save it as the highest quality you can. If you then use a burning software like Nero, you can create a VCD or DVD - Nero will recode the wmv to the appropriate mpg format and create the CD/DVD. This will only work if your dvd player states that it can play VCDs and/or DVD-R/RWs.

Personally (for #2 abovd), I use an editing program (Ulead Media Studio) to edit and encode the movie into the appropriate format (mpg) then use Nero for burning only. As a rule, burners aren't great encoders...it isn't what they are built for. But if this is the only option you have, play with it.

Hope this helps,

MBN

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice