1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVI-D port has stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wheatley, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wheatley

Wheatley Thread Starter

I have a Nvidia Geforce gtx 660, and the other day the feed from the DVI-D port just disappeared out of nowhere! I have tried using a different monitor, and using a different cable, but no luck. My computer thinks that it's working fine, it registers the monitor, and when I'm using dual screens, I can even move the cursor or drag windows into the dead zone.

I have tried both updating and rolling back my graphics card drivers, as well as doing the Windows Refresh (I have Windows 8.1), and it hasn't worked.

This is incredibly frustrating because I really like having dual monitors to do my designing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The card is likely faulty and needs to be replaced. The only real way to test, is to install the card into another PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice