1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVI ports and cables?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rrevo, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rrevo

rrevo Thread Starter

i have an hp pavilion a6230n with a nvidia geforce 6150 SE graphics card and my monitor is an hp w1907. the monitor was upgraded from the original one that came with the computer, and everything is basically brand new. i try playing call of duty 1 on it, but whenever i open the game, the screen goes black and from what i deduct, it has something to do with my DVI port. i came to the conclusion that my monitor has a dvi port and my graphics card doesnt so i assumed that was the problem. but if there is any other way to fix this problem, please help.

2. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

It's probably not the DVI port. Did you play this game on your other monitor? If so, what were the resolution and refresh rates that you used to play it?

3. rrevo

rrevo Thread Starter

i've never played it on this computer, i used to play on a different computer. i bought the upgraded monitor when i bought the computer.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If you try and drive an LCD monitor above it's native refresh rate it will just go black.

Sounds like the game is trying to drive above what is needed, noting that with LCD the refresh rate is of no consequence, 60 Hz is fine, as the light source is constant, not like a CRT monitor.

5. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

I'm not sure exactly how to do it with call of duty, but try to run it in windowed mode, then change the resolution and refresh rate to something your monitor supports.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice