1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVR Networking Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bobpow12, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobpow12

bobpow12 Thread Starter

Hello,

Thank you for the opportunity to contact you. I have a set of Bunker Hill Security cameras that I am trying to network to be able to see it over the internet and over my android phone. I have setup port forwarding on my netgear c3000 router, the ports are showing open when I check them on the canyoueeme page but when I go to the browser and put in my external ip address or the local ip address for the cameras, i get a wallpaper page but no cameras or no error messages.

I am using a windows 10 dell laptop, a netgear c3000 router. I have called my isp, cable one, and they assured me that the ports i am using are not blocked by them, they said that they could see no reason on their end that it wouldn't work. I have turned off my firewall on the router, tried turning off the firewall on my win10 but that didn't help so I turned it back on.

I have the camera settings with static ip address, the ip address does show connected on my router settings. The camera subnet mask, gateway and dns are set to the same as my router. I have it hard-wired with an ethernet cable. When i ping the camera ip address it shows connected. I have tried connecting through my cell phone (by typing in the ip address in my browser) over the 4g network (not through my router) and it does the same thing, just get the wallpaper instead of the cameras. I am at a complete loss as to what to try next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

You need to elaborate on what this wallpaper is. Do you have the port forward rules pointed to the NVR for the security cameras? Are you using an NVR? I assume you've already configured the security cameras to work with the NVR and you've successfully received video from the cameras.

3. bobpow12

bobpow12 Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick reply.
    The wall paper is just a patterned page. No error msg or anything. As u have probably guessed, I am new at this stuff. What is nvr? I do have a camera viewing software but it won't pick it up either. Says there are no channels on the ip address.

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

In the security camera world, an NVR (network video recorder) is what most people think of as a DVR. I assume these cameras are IP cameras which are connected to the network. If they are, did you configure the IP address information on each of the cameras and also the NVR?

5. bobpow12

bobpow12 Thread Starter

I just went to the network settings through the main menu and setup the ip address info, I assumed that was for everything....the ip address there is showing on my router as online....

6. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

What's the model numbers of the components? Are the cameras connected to the NVR/DVR directly?

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is the IP address you keep talking about for the NVR (or DVR)?

Have you set up at least one camera and know that there is at least one video on the NVR?

8. bobpow12

bobpow12 Thread Starter

The cameras are a Bunker Hill Security Smart Phone Compatible H.264 DVR Security System, model 62463. Yes, they are physically attached to the dvr through wires and yes, I can see them on the tv they are hooked up to.
    The ip address is the one my router assigned to the dvr. Thank you for your help.

9. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

Do the instructions state there is a web interface for the DVR? Have you tried accessing the DVR by IP via a PC? A screen capture would be helpful of what you're seeing from the web browser.

10. bobpow12

bobpow12 Thread Starter

I have tried to access it about 1000000 times, different browsers, my phone on a 4g network so that i am not on my lan, standing on my head, etc. I have attached a screen shot, this is what I get from my lan ip assigned to the dvr and also if i put in my external ip address of my router.

Attached Files:

11. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

How did you determine the IP address of the DVR is 192.168.1.17?

Did you read the instruction manual?

https://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/62000-62999/62463.pdf

If you haven't, start on page 28. On page 29, you'll see there are two service ports you need to use. Port 3000 is for the app you need to install on your smart phone to gain access to the DVR. Port 3001 is the port you need to use for accessing the DVR via a web browser. All of this is explained on pages 29 and 30.

12. bobpow12

bobpow12 Thread Starter

This is a different manual than what I had found. That is really weird...I determined the ip address by setting the dvr to dchp and letting it reset, the router assigned this ip address. then i changed it to static. I will review this manual and try what it outlines. It does look like it gives way better instructions. I cannot thank you enough for all of your help. It is greatly appreciated. I will post back here what happens. Have a great day.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice