1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVR to Computer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Neublet, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neublet

Neublet Thread Starter

Ok I have been researching for a few weeks now and I thought that I did everything but its not working. I am not a guru so lots of abreviations can get confusing.

Anyways I have a

HP p6203w
    AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor 2.70 GHz
    4 gig of ram
    64 bit operating system
    nvidea GeForce 7800 gt

Not sure if that information was needed but i figured it couldnt hurt.

I am trying to use my Directv DVR R15, I have a ATI Unified Avstream TV Tuner on my computer. I am trying to watch my programs that I have recorded on my DVR on my computer. The problem is I cannot access the DVR, my Media Center picked up the signal but wont let me watch anything because I dont have the IR thingy (I think its for the remote, which I dont have).

Do I need anything else? If so what? Also I wouldnt mind being able to burn some of the videos/episodes to DVD. Thanks for any and all help.

-Dan

2. Neublet

Neublet Thread Starter

*bump*

anyone know? did I post this question in the wrong section?

3. Hughv

Hughv

Why do you think this is possible?
    TIVO does this with networking software, but I don't see any provision in your manual to watch programs on your computer.

4. Neublet

Neublet Thread Starter

Because I have been reading online that its possible? I have connected my dvr to my tv tuner with S video and RCA cables. I am assuming its possible, it seems perfectly within the realm of possibility. Just wondering exactly how its done.

5. Hughv

Hughv

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!