1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dw.exe Error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rsiddiqu, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rsiddiqu

rsiddiqu Thread Starter

After installing Kazaa, i started getting the error, DW.EXE. How do i fix it. Is this a virus. I searched for files and found one that reads dw in c:\programfiles\downloadware. Should I go ahead and delete it.

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

dont use kazaa. use kazaalite . all the functionality but none of the spyware.

1) uninstall kazaa.

2) download/update/run spybot. let it fix everything in red.

3) install kazaalite.

4) enjoy

3. rsiddiqu

rsiddiqu Thread Starter

Thanks for your instructions. I uninstalled Kazaa, installed spy boot and ran the program. However, when I downloaded Kazaa, it came in zipped format and I cannot open it. Any suggestions on how to unzip and instal, like a freeware for unzipping files. One last question, I installed Antivirus 2003 today before downloading Kazaa but the DW.exe problem I encountered could not be caught by Norton, I probably am not even asking the right question. Does the spy boot do something different than Norton Antivirus

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

5. Del

Del

Go to Start > Control Panel and double click Add / Remove Programs. If you see downloadware, click it and click add/remove at the lower right, then click to uninstall it.

6. rsiddiqu

rsiddiqu Thread Starter

Thankyou both for your assistance. I have encountered a new problem which happens not too often. While i am surfing i get an error (iexplore-illegal operation....) and this freezes all my webpages and when i hit okay, closes all my webpages. Is this an internet explorer problem.

7. Del

Del

What Operating System and version of IE do you have?
    You should be able to go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double click Add /Remove Programs, single click Microsoft Explorer and Internet Tools, then click Repair.
    See if that works.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice