1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dwm disabiled

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by emagnifecin, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emagnifecin

emagnifecin Thread Starter

hello for the past couple days iv had problems enableing dwm. id turn on my laptop and log on and right away my dwm would stop working and when i go to personalize then click troubleshoot problems with transparency and other aeoo effects. it notices that the dwm is disabiled it reanables it then it stops working again right after it restarts. iv looked everywhere but i cant find out whats wrong. idk if this helps but this is the error message i belive.

Faulting application name: Dwm.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc225
    Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 8.14.10.647, time stamp: 0x4a161e98
    Exception code: 0xc0000006
    Fault offset: 0x000a7540
    Faulting process id: 0x97c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cca8c3e2d376ff
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll
    Report Id: 240fb0e8-14b7-11e1-8db8-001e3374dd54

2. emagnifecin

anyone? please help..

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

That dll is part of the driver for your graphics card. See if there is a driver available at the manufacturer's site (preferable) or at amd.com.

If the driver has been updated recently, either by you or Windows Update, you may want to revert to the previous driver version.

4. emagnifecin

i went to amd.com and clicked auto detect and install and it said i have to latest version already.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

You could try reinstalling it anyway.

Also, having the latest version is not always a good thing. New drivers can lead to problems, so if there is one available at the computer manufacturer's, try that one.

Have you made any changes to your system, added any programs that use graphical capabilities, or removed anything related to graphics?

You could also try System Restore to a date prior to the probleem.

6. emagnifecin

i tried restoring it encountered a problem and failed :/ i think i might just reinstall windows... i cant find my install disk so i dident want to have to unless i had to.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Your hard drive will fail, without a doubt, unless you don't use the machine. So you should always have a full system backup that you can restore.

It's not a good idea to update drivers unless there is a very good reason since it can lead to problems. They rarely need updating for the life of the machine.

You could try uninstalling the ATI drivers and reinstalling them. That should fix any problems with them. Or if the update was recent, go to Device Manager, find your card, double-click, and under the Driver tab, try "Rollback Driver" if that option is available.

8. emagnifecin

the event name error is Inpageerror it also happends when viewing pictures in windows photo viewer.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yes, anything associated with graphics usage is likely to produce an error until the driver is fixed.

10. emagnifecin

i rolled it back restarting computer now.

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

Good luck.

12. emagnifecin

13. emagnifecin

ok now internet explorer is not crashing same error (inpagerror)... this is getting out of hand..

14. Elvandil

Elvandil

Was IE crashing before?

Did you try rolling back the driver?

Are there any other new problems on the machine?

Have you tested memory lately?

15. emagnifecin

sorry ment to say now and i said not instead this is the first time internet explorer crashed it dosent seem to get getting worse i was on damn lol at the time looking at funny pictures so i dont think its a different problem.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice