1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DX SetUp Parameters: Not Found

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by suzyb103, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. suzyb103

suzyb103 Thread Starter

Hi, I have just upgraded the memory to 704 mb Ram. on my Packard Bell laptop running Windows XP home edition to enable me to run Trainz 2006. When I installed Trainz 2006 I was asked if I wanted to instal DirectX 9.0 and when I said yes I was told it was aleady installed. I then got a big green tick indicating that all was fine. Previously and after the memory upgrade the computer worked fine with Tranz UTC and at first seemed to be fine with Trainz 2006. I was able to look at the railyard and scroll through the list. However, whenever I try to go into Driver mode whilst showing the page of basic controls the computer tells me I have made a fatal error and Event Viewer shows either error 1000 or 1002. I then ran diagnostics and it said "DX SetUp Parameters: Not Found" Can anyone help please.

Thank you

2. speed_hog

speed_hog

suzyb103, What diagnostics and how exactly did you perform the task?
    Step by step for us please.

3. suzyb103

suzyb103 Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I went to run and ran "dxdiag". I should add that the computer I am using now is not the one with a fault - it is my husband's and does not have internet connection at the moment.

4. speed_hog

speed_hog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749384