1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dx10

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by temprahater, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. temprahater

temprahater Thread Starter

I,ve seen a few things about DX10 for XP and tempted to try it . Has anyone gone down this route . If was there any issues?

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. temprahater

Cheers for that

I have however bit the bullet and bought windows 7 which is supposed to be a christmas present because my wife cant think of anything else to buy me (the cheap b****) . Interestingly enough after talking to a guy in my office he suggested looking out for Student Discounts so as i have 4 sproggs checked it out and managed to get win7 pro for £38.49 . What a deal and it arrived last week . Only prob is i have now had to buy an external hard drive but got a bargain on this as well (and its turned into another christmas present lol) . Really needed that anyway as i,ve had 2 hard drives in the last couple of years saying surrender and lost all my stuff .

Biggest headache is now installing 7 and to be honest i,m totally bricking it especially when i know i,ll be attempting it full of Santa,s fermented potatoes in 2 days time

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you're planning to upgrade that computer from Windows XP to Windows 7, have you confirmed that there are Windows 7 drivers for ALL of its devices?

You might want to edit and delete the (- - -) comment before your wife sees it and takes a bat to your computer. :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------

5. temprahater

I,ve done the windows upgrade advisor and everything seems ok apart from the ATI CCC which disappears when i check out the win 7 64 bit . Cant understand that one . I have xp 32 bit and am going for 7 64 bit just because i,m planning on adding more RAM and been told this is the better option . The windows advisor seemed ok with CCC on Win 7 32 bit for some reason but doesnt matter . I,ve had my Sapphaire HD4870 for 3 years now and dont want to oc my old darling

PS wife wont see this . She is lucky if she cant find the power button lol

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Go to the Device Manager, then advise what's currently listed in these headings:

Display Adapters

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

Network Adapters

Sound Video And Game Controllers

-----------------------------------------------------------

If your computer is not a custom-built one and is a known factory brand one, advise what the brand name, model name, and model number of it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice