1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DX9c... or Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lord_iCeDrAg, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_iCeDrAg

Lord_iCeDrAg Thread Starter

The situation. I am unable to upgrade my GeForce FX5700 (Asus GeForce FX 9570 TD 256) Graphics Card Drivers to the latest Drivers 66.93. When I do, I am given a graphics card that crashes games such as half-life2, Sacred or any other DX9 Game that uses Pixel and or Vertex shaders 2.0 when the Card supports these functions.

What actualy happens in the mentioned games above. In Sacred. The title isn't displaed at all. where the title of the game is, there is a pixel shaded area which runs a water reflection shader giving the illusion that the title is under water in a pool. In Half Life 2, The game causes a bugcheck and the system reboots when a shader is used

Now I don't think that it is the drivers that are cuasing the issue but then again I'm not sure, In Microsoft's Infinite wisdom they don't give end users a way to reinstall the DX subsystem if it has became damaged and or corrupted so there is no way to verify this. and DxDiag doesn't tell you enough or offer any way to repairing directX. To further add to the situation, when you run the DirectX Setup Program it doesn't check to see which components are instaled, it goes directly from Ready to install to installtion complete.

But then again it could also be because when going back to a previous version of the Drivers 61.72 everything appears to be functioning properly.

I have tried everything that I can possibly think of to resolve this issue. everything from reinstalling drivers. to attemping to reinstall DirectX (Right Clicking on DXXP.INF and selecting install from an extracted DX 9.0c Installation, but doesn't seem to resolve the DX issue)

As a last resort I will reinstal the OS, but as I said that's a last resort.

System Specs:
    Windows XP SP2
    512 PC-2100 DDR Ram
    120GB WD Hard drive
    Asus A7A-266 MB
    Asus GeForce FX 9570 TD 256
    Creative SB Audigy
    AMD Athalon 1.4Ghz

Any Help you guys can give me would be greatly appreicated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice