1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DxDiag can not get system info

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stoneycary, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneycary

stoneycary Thread Starter

Running WinMe and with Nvidia Geforce 32Meg video card and went out and obtained and installed Nvidia.66.94 updated driver for my video card and started having problems.

At boot time found that it was hanging and ctrl-alt-del showed process ddhelp.exe not
    responding --

Funny since after the install of the above latest/greatest driver I did a dxdiag and had
    no problems

AFter finding that the ddhelp was for dxdiag help - I tried running dxdiag from the run
    cmd and it comes back with:

unable to find system info
    unable to detect a few other things that I can not remember because now I am at work

So went back to previous driver and still dxdiag does not work correctly

I am running DirectX 9b -- somehow it got corrupted ??

what do I do next -- go to 9c

?
    anyone

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice