DxDiag detected problem accessing DirectShow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JPliver

Please help,
I’ve recently gotten into Emulation on my laptop however they all (RetroArch, epsxe and Dolphin) run very laggy usually around 15-30 FPS. They are only PS1, N64 and GameCube games so I expected them to be easily run smoothly. Biggest file is only 1.3 gb however
they stutter so much they’re unplayable

my setup:
Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-but (6.3, build 9600)
Intel Celeron N2920 @ 1.86Ghz
Intel (R) HD Graphics version 10.18.10.4276
4gb RAM
directx 11 APU

Driver description is very generic on my device manager but I’m pretty sure it’s Intel 4000

CPU memory output is fine I’ve used less than half
I’ve checked compatibility and followed guides on ideal emulation settings so don’t think that’s the problem as all 3 are problematic. Also updated Windows and the driver to the latest for my system. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver and installed latest Directx11 too. I even switched to Windows 10 and then back thinking this would fix it.
when I run Dolphin and try to switch Backend to Direct3D 11 it says renderer requires support for features not supported by my system then says its most likely because I’m using Windows 7. I’m using 8.1
I ran dxdiag and it says there may have been a problem accessing DirectShow then asks if I want to bypass it. If I click no dxdiag crashes

is this why my FPS is low? Does anyone know of a fix? I haven’t played games on the laptop before and other media like videos and Pokemon Showdown run fine

From Microsoft: "DirectX 11.2 is included in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. There is no stand-alone update package for DirectX 11.2. You can only install this DirectX version through Windows Update in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2." Make sure you have the right one, 11.2

JPliver

Y
From Microsoft: "DirectX 11.2 is included in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. There is no stand-alone update package for DirectX 11.2. You can only install this DirectX version through Windows Update in Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2." Make sure you have the right one, 11.2
Yeah I have Direct 11.2. Googled it and it said if driver says WDDM 1.3 on dxdiag screen then that’s directx 11.2
I assume the problem is because of DirectShow being an issue. Would it hinder game/media performance? I’ll post a screenshot of the message. I’ve watched videos of configs people who are using the same intel driver as me used on various emulators and copied them perfectly but still have this issue.

Attachments

JPliver

I’ll post a few more pics the more info the better. First is the message that pops up when I choose Direct3D11 on Dolphin that makes me think it’s not running properly because of DirectShow. As you can see from the next few pics I don’t have Windows 7 I’m using 8.1

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online