1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET (Only on Prepar3d/Flight Simulator)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mrdudez, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrdudez

Mrdudez Thread Starter

Hello all,

I have been searching everywhere for a solution to this issue and never found a clear answer (Including Lockheed Martin (Prepar3d) and Nvidia Support) I have been getting this message only when i do my favorite hobby for a long time, Flight Simulation. Other games like , Fifa 19 or Battlefield V, WoW (played very occasionally and sometimes for many hours, never brought this on, all work very well) The message is on the Thread header DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET , freezing the game in a very frustrating way since i spend sometimes close to 2 hours only preparing the flight and flying online on Vatsim. Let me get to my system specs :
    MotherBoard - Asus Prime Z270-P
    CPU - Intel I7-6700k
    Video Card - Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Waterforce
    Memory - Hyper DDR4 - 2100 8Gb x2 (16Gb)
    HD - SSD-M2 960 EVO 250gb (For System)
    SSD Samsung EVO 850 (500Gb) (Where my Flight Sim is located with over 300gb of scenery)
    Seagate ST1000DM003 SATA3 3.5 "1TB x 3 for backups and other games
    Case - NZXT Phantom 410
    Power Suply - Corsair CX750 ATX Power Suply 750Watts
    Monitors LG UltraWide 21:9 (and recently i installed a second monitor for addon maps - not new, not same resolution if that could be the problem)

Just saw the sysinfo thing. here it goes

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16329 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (44 GB Free); D: 465 GB (93 GB Free); E: 882 GB (61 GB Free); F: 232 GB (58 GB Free); J: 931 GB (645 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME Z270-P
    Antivirus: Spybot - Search and Destroy, Enabled and Updated

Please help me here , thanks in advance. This is driving me crazy.

I tried everything listed in this site >> https://flightsimeindhoven.com/2018/12/13/graphics-stability-issues/

No success.

I hope a good soul has the will to help me solve this. nvidia error.JPG

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice