1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dying motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hw45, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hw45

hw45 Thread Starter

Hi
    It's an Asus A7A266 motherboard and there are real strange symptoms (could it be from a power surge?). First of all I got the computer with a damaged nic driver in device manager, which after Ali-driver-update worked again. I thought already that was it. I was wrong! Suddenly blue screens came up with error 0x00000008e and 0x000000025 and so on. So I changed the memory (512MB noname) to 256MB. Now everything works fine except the speaker makes a strange noise after the welcome melody of XP (like a short loud feedback) and after shutdown (stops after a few seconds when computer is already off - like a humming). Cold boot works without any problems, that speaker problem is only at warm restart.
    I checked already another power supply and another ethernet card. I don't think it's the sound card, I think more about a damaged motherboard - could that be? Maybe there is somebody with a similar problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice