dynalink rta300 router probs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kellnz

Hi i recentley bought a rta300 router, it has been fine till a couple of weeks ago when it started playing up. You would be unable to see the router or ping it, and the dsl didnt work. I would do ipconfig /renew and it would work again for about 5mins and then stop.
I reinstalled windows thinking this would solve it and it did for about 2 days. It has now started doing the same thing again
all lights are normal on router and lan light flashes like data is being transmitted
any ideas?

kellnz

also it will just use the 169 ip address and now doing ipconfig/renew it will say it cant contact dhcp server

btw win xp proffessional sp1

force router to become 192.168.1.1

edit:
what have you done?

have you:

tried a new cable?
input as static route?

kellnz

How do u set the router ip?
I have reset router to factory defaults, i have tried diff cable and have tried setting the pcs ip to 192.168.1.2
even when thats the ip it still cant see router or ping it
i thought it could be spyware or something so thats why we formatted comp and reinstalled win xp but same prob
the problem is very intermittent, it will stop working for no apparent reason, and then after doing ipconfig/release /renew about 20 times and restarting it will work again
it seems to be losing connectivity with router at random times, even though all lights are ok

Nevermind the 192.168.1.1 ~it doesnt matter

I had a Belkin router, up-to-date firmware, ect. I had to reset the router everytime I couldnt get into it. I get kicked out only when turning off the machine. I think it was a XP home issue...prolly fixed with windows updates. I only think it was XP home because the 98 machine worked well. Anyway I bought a linksys router, great quality, low price. No issues yet. You might want to try to make IP static on the user end. What OS are you using?

kellnz

win xp professional
another thing i can do to get it working is to change my network card mode from auto to 100 etc
doesnt matter what i change it to it will usually connect again
for about 5mins

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online