1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dynamode r-adsl-c4w-g help please!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by knickers71uk, Jul 22, 2006.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. knickers71uk

knickers71uk Guest Thread Starter

You have helped me before and i was wondering whether you know anything about wireless routers, i'm having trouble getting the dns into the routers settings and was hoping you might know someone familiar with this router?

Its a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4W-G basically i had to use advance settings as the ISP wasnt listed which should have been just honky dory the type is PPPoA with encapsulation vc and authentication chap vci is 38.

however there doesnt seem to be anywhere for me to enter the DNS or secondary, which seems to be pretty essential to the whole process , it should have this section on there but i have been through it backwards and forwards with the manual and still cant find it, the dynamose site is pretty useless as they dont have forum support and they arent answering their helpline! LOL so have router which is fine etc but still cant connect, and this dns thingy seems to be the key t getting it working but just cant find it in the router settings arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh

2. knickers71uk

knickers71uk Guest Thread Starter

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suspect that none of us have any idea how to configure this device. :)

4. O111111O

O111111O

I believe your'e seeing this because the firmware is layer-2 only. It doesn't know about such things as DNS. It really should need to, either - those are items you'll either receive via DHCP for your system or have to enter staticly.

Do you have the VPI/VCI pair from your ISP? You only mention VCI of 38. Are you sure you don't have those reversed?

Also, CHAP is case sensitive.

-------

If the device conencts to the VPI/VCI, it will then authenticate with chap to establish the PPPoA connection. You need to try and figure out which part it's failing at. Hopefully with logging on the modem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!