Solved Dynex LCD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mconnelly

Someone just gave me a used Dynex LCD L42-10A T.V. . The picture has some issues. There are bright green, blue, and yellow sort of blotches on the screen. Is this a bad inverter, Main Board, or something else? Dynex Tech Support said it was a bad projector lens. However, I can't find an existing replacement. Are they trying to get me to spend money with them? or was the guy on the phone an idiot?

Either way, I need to get this T.V fixed. Any help is appreciated.

A bad inverter would cause power issues, you have a problem with the imaging system so this could be a bad main board. You need to balance the cost of repair versus buying a new 42" generic lcd tv

mconnelly

Fortunately a mainboard, for this model, can be gotten for around $50 off Ebay. I just need to be sure that that's the issue.

Why would an LCD tv have a projector lens? That's crazy talk. Anyway, the issue is either with the main board or the lcd panel itself, A repair shop would have the equipment to hook up directly to the graphic output and test for proper signal. Maybe someone else has a better way to tell.

mconnelly

Thanks CleaverX. I like what you're telling me but, I would like to upload a picture of the screen to see if you or anyone else can give a more definite answer. Unfortunately, when I try to insert an image, I only get the option of uploading a URL. Do you know something I don't? How to upload pix maybe?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online