1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E:\ Application not found

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by notts19, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. notts19

notts19 Thread Starter

On Windows Vista when I insert a dvd into my disk drive I get an error message that says 'E:\ Application not found'. I can still play the disk if I go through Computer-Edrive but it is starting to get annoying. This doesn't happen with a CD. I'd be grateful for any help.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Have you tried going into Control Panel\Autoplay and choosing a new default action that pertains to the media you are inserting?

3. notts19

notts19 Thread Starter

Thanks very much, I know that was easy but I'm only just getting to grips with these new computer thingys.

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

No problem, I just happened to know what to look for based on the error message, and found it (not the most common result).

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650136