1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-mail attachments!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mamafleafly, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mamafleafly

mamafleafly Thread Starter

Hiya, can someone pls help me...I can no longer open any attachements, can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to get this to work again? Much appreciated ;)

2. angel

angel

Can you provide us with a little more information such as what happens when you try to open an attachement (error? freezing? nothing?) and what email client and version you are using?

3. mamafleafly

Hiya Angel, I use outlook express - 98 ad when I try and open the attachments a box comes up saying that is does not have a programme associated with this and to go to control panel, view.....I have tried this but to be honest - don't really know what I am doing? can you pls give me some direction? Thanks in anticipation, Carmen.

4. angel

angel

Does this occur with all attachments or just ones with specific extensions? It sounds like your file associations may not be correct. Can you provide an example filename?

5. mamafleafly

Well any office based ones I can open but anything with pics or movies or whatever won't open? Not sure how to give you a file name? sorry, am not the most computer literate person, but I do try!

6. angel

angel

Open one of your emails that contains one of those attachments. Then right-click on the attachment and choose to save it locally (not sure of the exact terminology). Then find the file you saved and double-click it. If there's no program associated with it, you should get a box asking you which program you would like to use to open it. Find the appropriate programs, select it, and check the box to always use that program to open files of that type. You will need to do that with each different file type.

Please post back if that doesn't resolve your problem.

7. mamafleafly

Well I have tried in vain to do as you instructed, problem being I don't know what programmes open up what files, and their is no option to check them even if I did know....as I mentioned, I can open any office realted files it's just pictures, and small movies etc that won't open! Is driving me crazy!
    Carmen

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice