1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e-mail attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Clayton Schwart, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayton Schwart

Clayton Schwart Thread Starter

E-mail worked fine until two weeks ago. Now, cannot open any attachments. Message says: C:\PROGRAM.EXE. Windows cannot find PROGRAM.exe. This program is needed for opening files of type 'Earthlink Mail Message'. Location of PROGRAM.exe C:\

When I hit okay, it says Cannot find fileC:\PROGRAM.exe. How can I correct this?

Clayton Schwartz

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Clayton
    Welcome to TSG!
    I will see if I can help you solve this problem. I seem your file association for url;hypertext transfer protocol may be messed up.
    The easiest way to fix this is to do a repair of Internet explorer.
    If you have internet explorer 5.x and above go to start\settings\control panel\add remove programs and scroll down to the line that will say someyning like "Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x" after the 5.x there could be other verbage.
    Highlight it and click remove. A window will popup and select the repair function. Let it repair and restart. After restart go to the internet. You home page will be change to runonce and you will have to reset it to what you want by typing in the url in address bar, going to that site, then click tool up top then internet options and then click use current.
    If you have a lower then 5.x Internet Explorer let me know and there is a way to manually change the association. Also if you are using Netscape or some other browser you will have to wait for someone else since I am not familiar with them.
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice