1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e-mail delite

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by spamsandy, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spamsandy

spamsandy Thread Starter

Hello . I have a problem with my e-mail inbox.
    I can't permanently delete my e-mail. Every time i try , it reapears, and multiplies itself.
    I then get an error report,as follows.
    Error no/ 0x800420cd.
    server error/0x800ccc90.
    Have you any ideas please.
    Thanks.
    running windows xp.
    Outlook express.

2. kniht

kniht

The error points to the fact you have a message on the server that is hanging up OE. Try turning off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is an unneccessary layer
    of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
    time-outs and account setting changes. An up-to-date A/V program will
    continue to protect you sufficiently. If that doesn't work, log on to your server's WebMail site and find and delete it. It is probably very large.

The return of deleted email could be due to a overly full deleted email folder or possibly a corrupt folder. To check the folder go to Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{(long number)}\Microsoft\Outlook Express.

Here you will find .dbx files. Check the deleted items.dbx size. Keep it around 100MB. You can also delete the deleted items.dbx in case of corrupt. Upon opening OE again, the deleted items.dbx will be recreated. If you delete the folder, be sure OE is not running.

Also do not archive any emails in the default folders. Create a separate folder for archiving.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice