1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-Mail Error Codes (Clients)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Couriant, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    James
    Working for an internet provider, I have come across a few E-Mail Error Codes that I would like to share. I will also update this if there are any new ones that may be specific to a client. Please note: These are strictly for E-Mail clients like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc. Any webmail-based email issues should be directed to the respective provider.

0x800ccc18 - Login Fail (SPA)
    The client is trying to use Secure Password Authentication and it is not enabled on the server. You will need to deselect Log on using Secure Password Authentication in your settings. (usually with the server settings) (most common ISPs does not use this)

0x800ccc0d - Cannot Find Host
    The server name is incorrect or DNS entry is incorrect. Generally the server name is incorrect. If it is spelled correctly, make sure there are no spaces before or after the server name.

0x8ccc003- unknown error
    This one is generally for Windows Live Mail users trying to send photos. Microsoft set up WML to use their SkyDrive system to send photos. If you try to send a photo by right clicking on the image and do a Send To > E-Mail Receipent, WML will put it into a Photo Album. If you do not have a SkyDrive account (which I think it's the same as a MSN type account) then it will fail and sit in the outbox. To send the photo, create an e-mail and use the attach function.

more to follow... ran out of time

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    James
    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection - 0x800CCC0F
    Generally either the port number or the security (SSL/TLS) is incorrectly set.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90 -- Server Response: -ERR
    There are a few reasons, the most recent find is that SSL (like 0x800CCC0F) was not set correctly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice