1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e-mail / internet explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by fedup, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fedup

fedup Thread Starter

When I first started using my computer, I would log on, then the screen would go blank, and a page would come up where I could go to my e-mail or internet explorer, ect. Now when I log on it stays on the page where I type my password. How can I get the other page to come up?

2. kknla

kknla

I do not think I am getting what you are saying. What are you logging onto?

3. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">I believe that if we substitute the word "Desktop" for the word "page", it might make more sense. :)

Does this happen when you are trying to log on to Windows, fedup?
    Or when you are trying to log on to the Internet?

If Windows, your password file is most likely corrupt.
    It's a common problem.
    Try this:
    Go to your C:\Windows folder.
    Find your very own desktop *.pwl file there.
    For instance, you would be looking for fedup.pwl, if you normally log on using the name fedup.
    Right-click on the *.pwl file, and choose to Delete it.
    Reboot.

Note: You don't even need to use a password if you don't want to.
    When next the Windows log on box comes up, just enter your name, leave the password blank, and hit Enter.</font>

4. fedup

fedup Thread Starter

Thanks for the help on the computer lingo I don't quite have it all down!!!!I'll try to explain, when I dial into internet a screen comes up for me to type my password, then press login. At that point another screen comes up which I think is my internet home page or dialer screen. On this screen I can then go to internet explorer, e-mail, or search. Sometimes it will just stay on the first screen and will not bring up the dialer page. I was just wondering why this might be happening?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice