1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-mail just stopped downloading and everything is gone!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dogluver, May 6, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6024 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 684 GB (603 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 02TKW1
    Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Enabled and Updated

Hi again,
    I'm sure everyone is getting sick and tired of all my problems. Now, my newest problem is comcast email (using through windows live mail) just stopped downloading my email. I'm so upset since I had a lot of emails I wanted to save and most of them gone. Now, it gets even stranger, I'm getting some of my email on my phone, but many are missing. There's only a few from 2018, a few from 2019 and I had a lot! I had a gift card code that I was saving and that is gone. I went to the xfinity site and saw some of my email (some read from 2014). But a bunch are missing from there too. Nothing from February - April. I recently thought I had a virus and a very nice man helped me so much. About a week ago my email was just closing, but nothing was lost. He said to reload my email which I didn't have a chance to do. I was also scared I would lose everything. Just so upset and don't know what to do. Please help. I really don't want to reload because they might still be there. Just don't want to lose so many emails. I guess I might have to call comcast, but am avoiding that - not happy with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Sorry about the spelling and grammar. Just trying to type this fast.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Which program are you using to get mail: Thunderbird, MS Mail ... ?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I suggest that first you check your mail using Comcast's web mail interface to determine what messages are still on their mail server.

Windows Live Mail (WLM) is no longer supported, and possibly Comcast made a change to make their service and WLM incompatible. I don't know enough about either to help you with them. Others can probably help with WLM, but I think that your best chance is to see if your messages still exist on the server; and if they are then use an up-to-date email client (program) to download them.

4. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Here is a screenshot. I think this is Windows live mail.

upload_2019-5-7_20-44-23.png

5. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

I
    I checked the infinity site and I received the emails from today, but I don't know why I'm missing all of January, some from February, all of March and April, most from Sunday (only received 2) and before then (last week) too. Don't understand why only certain ones are missing. But the strange thing is that if I do a search, it sometimes it will show up. But, my order I placed at a vitamin company did NOT show up when I did a search. Just so confused!! Should I call Comcast? I don't know anything about Thunderbird. I'm afraid to try it since I will probably lose everything. Any ideas? I know this is very confusing, so I understand if you don't know how to advise me.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I haven't downloaded email to my computer in decades.
    If you aren't sure about Thunderbird, I suggest you stop using it to download emails to your computer. The emails are safe on the server of Comcast or other email providers.
    I've used Juno since perhaps 1996 and Yahoo since 1999 and I have never lost an email.

It also makes a difference if the email program is set to POP3 or IMAP.

7. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Thanks for responding! My email is set to IMAP. I think I'm going to call Comcast to find out what happened to my missing e-mails. Just so confused since only a few from some months and all from other months. I read that they made some changes and want to look into it. Thanks so much for all your help. It is greatly appreciated!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice