1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-Mail Notification - Inundated With !!!

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by oldie, Apr 5, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. oldie

oldie Thread Starter

128 today alone. My ISP want more money :D

Have to "unsubscribe" from each and every thread

Is this the "default" setting. Usually it's the other way around ?

Oldie

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Go to your control panel and there is an option there called "Default Thread Subscription Mode". When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread. Change your option there! :) Take care. angel :)

3. oldie

oldie Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Two hugs for that :D

4. angelize56

You're welcome Oldie! And two hugs right back at you! :) Take care! angel :)

5. Paquadez

Paquadez

:)
    And very special HUGS** to my friend Marlene!

Haven't forgotten you! Check out your PMs.

Back to thread.

Me too.

Oldie, yar beat me to it!

Paq
    :cool: :cool:

6. angelize56

:) Hi Mike! Will go look now! :) Special "hugs-n-stuff" to you too! :) Take care! angel :)

7. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Marlene:

I don't see that anywhere! :confused: Can you post a screenshot?

8. angelize56

Jim: More specifically....go to your CP and on the left click on "Edit Options".....on the next page is the option you're looking for! If you don't find it let me know and I'll post a screen shot! :) Take care! :) Marlene :)

9. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Ok Marlene, thanks I found it. I already had subscriptions turned off. I think I was getting emails for old threads I hadn't turned off yet. I haven't gotten any more emails.

10. RandyG

RandyG

I'd love to see a subscription per Forum option, in addition to single threads.

11. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    When you're looking at the list of threads in a forum, look on the blue bar just about the top thread -- over to the right, Forum Tools.

12. RandyG

RandyG

Wouldn't that subscribe me to all threads in that forum??

I'm referring to only being subscribed to threads I post in, in certain Forums.

That way, i can automatically be subscribed to threads in Business Applications, but not to ones in Random. Know what I mean?

13. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Yup, I know what ya mean, but no way to do that just yet. I'll probably hack something up for that.

14. moonmist

moonmist

OK first of all im having the shakes posting outside of Random.......so you know this MUST be driving me insane.....

Make these damn e-maill notifications stop!!!! Please!!!! All I want is a notification when i have a pm........thats it.

I went to my CP and did what Angel said earlier...........but they keep comming.......do i have to unsuscribe to every thread i view?..... Do I have to restart my comp?? whats the magic trick?? Help me before I throw this thing up against a wall!!! :(

15. RandyG

RandyG

That will affect everything from now on, but you will have to manually remove yourself from all ofthe others.

Go to Quick Links at top of page, click it and select Subscribed Threads.

At the top of the listing, the column heading that says Notification, put a tick in the box, which will select all the threads. At the bottom of the listing, there is a drop-down box that has Selected Threads. Select Delete Subscription and click Go

Voila, all subscriptions are gone.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice