1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-mail on two pcs

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by KK1962, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KK1962

KK1962 Thread Starter

I have two pcs networked together...one has Outlook 2000 on it and I use that for my e-mails. The other pc has Outlook Express that I just set up. How do I get that machine to have all of the same e-mails and get new e-mails to that machine using the same e-mail account??

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Leave copies of mail on the server.

Outlook 2000, Outlook express
    1. Click on TOOLS from the drop down menu.
    2. Click on ACCOUNTS.
    3. In that window (Internet Accounts), click on the tab at the top that says MAIL.
    4. Underneath the tabs, under the ACCOUNT column heading, click once on the mail account that was created for your AOSI mail.
    5. This will now be highlighted in blue.
    6. Over to the right, hit the third button down that says PROPERTIES.
    7. In the PROPERTIES window, click on the last tab at the top that says ADVANCED.
    8. Down at the bottom, under the word DELIVERY, there is a check box that says, "Leave a copy of messages on server".
    9. Click on the check mark to "uncheck" this option.
    10. Click OK at the bottom of this window to take you back to the INTERNET ACCOUNTS window.
    11. Click "CLOSE" to take you back to the main Outlook Express Window.
    12. Close Outlook Express and re-open it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice