1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-mail sends random photos not intended to be sent

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by al2, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al2

al2 Thread Starter

Outlook 2003 / Internet Explorer 8 / Windows XP

When I send an e-mail with a photo, Outlook sends the photo that I intended (as it should), BUT then it adds an attachment that includes random photos that I have previously sent to others.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how it selects the photos that it wrongly sends. I do nothing to prompt it to send these random photos.

If it doesn't add an attachment, then it adds these random photos to the forward and back buttons on the bottom of the photo that I intended to send. If the recipient clicks on the forward or back buttons, then they have access to these random photos.

This has been going on for years. I don't send too many photos so I never took the time to check out a solution. I use Outlook almost 24/7 in my business and I have no other problems with any other aspect of Outlook. I have been using Outlook for many years.

Thanks for any help you can provide. al2

908-541-9223

2. bkmgy

bkmgy

You may want to first check your Signature settings in Outlook. Looks like some html code with a link to a photo album is getting embedded to each email. Try sending a plain text mail and see how it looks. Also send one to yourself and see how you receive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice