1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

E-Mail/Web Host

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Couriant, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    James
    Hello my fellow TSG'ers!

It's been a while and I need some guidance. My wife has been using a hosting site, WebsiteSource for hosting her website and email services and lately more often than not she has been having issues with sending email from her accounts, which is mostly spam related bounce backs. I have concluded that the issue is with the service and now I am looking to see if there are any other alternatives.

Is there any recommendations for us to switch to? The website is not big and the email is used for her communication for her work.

Thank you in advance for any input.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    The first issue that needs to be determined, does she "Owns" the domain?
    A lot if not MOST cheaper domain providers will own the Domain and will not allow it to be moved to another host without buying it at their price.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

That's true. To find out, go to a WhoIs database and search for your domain. Whatever contact information is listed for both the "Registrant" fields and the "Administrator" fields, all of it, including any email addresses for these two fields, should be yours.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Most companies limit the amount of email you can send , the method varies , some are over a day, or an hour or just per email or combination of them.

how many email address does she use in one email , how many emails sent out in a day

These limits will apply to all hosting companies so they do not get blacklisted as SPAM
    Service like Mailchimp and Sendgrid exist to enable 100's of email to be sent at once in marketing campaigns

What has websitesource said about her email limitations.

btinternet.com limit you to less then 50 email addresses in any 1 email - i know this has been an issue for mums inviting parents to a birthday party
    namesco have a limit on how many you can send in 1 go and then they are monitored every hour
    gmail also has email limits
    The limits also vary if you are using the webmail service or a client program like Thunderbird, outlook etc

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice