1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

e-mail while in ms works

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by smookie, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smookie

smookie Thread Starter

I created a resume in micro soft works when I try to send it via e-mail from ms works screen comes up ( netscape is unable to locate server mail e-machines.net please check server name and try again) why e-machine.net I belive e- machines.net is out of business I use crosslink.net

2. kknla

kknla

check and see if your mail settings are correct in netscape.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

If you were using IE I could say that you have to check which service is set up as the default Email. In Works, when I choose send, my default email as set in the browser is called.

Check your Netscape settings for something similar.

4. smookie

smookie Thread Starter

how do i do that

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I have Netscape 4.61 as a Backup and don't use it for email. I did look around and here's what to do. It may vary according to your version.

Open Messenger and go to the toolbar to Edit>preferences
    Click on "Mail Servers"

Highlight the service you want to use as the default and press the default button.

Also, I have to tell you that many people do not have Works installed. Doing your resume in Works may not be the wisest choice because it won't be viewed by businesses. If it is too hard to open and view, they may not even read it.

Everyone has Word Pad. I would seriously consider redoing it and saving as a Word Pad Document.

6. mhughes

mhughes

When you have your communications screen open in Works, on the tool bar, click on phone and put your new info in the appropriate box.

7. smookie

smookie Thread Starter

Ill follow your advice and do in word pad thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice