Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pt9998

I have internet explorer 6.0. I keep getting exited out when I'm in my email after a short period of time. I've been told a couple of time that I should uninstall and then reinstall internet explorer. Should I do this or is there something else I can do? Doing this seems to involve so many steps.

pt9998

pt9998 said:
I have internet explorer 6.0. I keep getting exited out when I'm in my email after a short period of time. I've been told a couple of time that I should uninstall and then reinstall internet explorer. Should I do this or is there something else I can do? Doing this seems to involve so many steps.

I'm not sure this will help, but assuming you're using OE, go to Tools > Accounts > Mail > Properties > Advanced and there adjust your 'Server Timeout'. This may not be the issue.

pt9998

thanks for trying to help but I must not be using OE, because under my Tools it says mail & news, synchronize, windows update, messenger,yahoo messenger and internet options.

Hi,

You are describing the options in the Internet Explorer Tool menu. How do you get your email. Do you use webmail (go to your providers site and then log in), or do you use a seperate email program. Also, when you say you are being exited, do you mean the you are still connected but returning to the login page, or are you getting disconnected from the net.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online