e mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wrenchhead1

I have windows xp. I recently moved up from windows 98 to windows XP. My question is how do I get the new one to recognize my email addresses. I have to type in every one even after I have used the same address several times. would you have on any thoughts on why?

Keith Crosby

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi Wrenchhead1

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Are you using Outlook Express?
If so, click on the Address Book button on the Toolbar in Outlook Express,
File > New Contact
Fill in the details and e-mail address.

Or, if you want to add a Sender's address to your Address Book,
Right click on the Sender's name in the From field and select: Add to Address Book
That step will also work for Outlook 2003 > Add to Outlook Contacts

and to make it Automatic:
Tools > Options > Send tab
Place a check mark in: Automatically put people I reply to in my Address Book
Apply, OK to save and close.

If you are not using Outlook Express, let us know what messaging program you are using.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online